one peace corps volunteer's journey into the warm heart of africa

Monday, September 28, 2009

It's been a long journey, but there's still more to go

Hey Everybody,

Welcome to my blog! For those of you who know, I am hoping to go to Africa in February with the Peace Corps. My program is in Business Advising and right now I am waiting to have my medical application cleared so that I can eventually receive a final invitation. Long story short, I have been in this process for a year now and most days it feels as if it will never happen. But I trust in God's plan for my life and I continue to pray that this is His will for me. If not, I know that God is still good.

As far as a timeline goes, I am hoping to be meidcally cleared in the next few weeks, then I will hopefully receive a final inviation that will specify further which country I will be going to, what exactly I will be doing, etc.

So in the meantime, I would GREATLY appreciate prayer. Specifically, that this process would be speedy and that I can receive my final invitation soon.

Thank you all.

No comments: