one peace corps volunteer's journey into the warm heart of africa

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

aussieland part 1 highlights

So I have about a week and a half left in Australia and I wanted to give a few of the highlights of what Jess and I have done so far...

Took a dingo for a walk
Saved a duck from impending death by a dog
Saw the Sydney Opera House while hiking all around the city in one day
Went to the Hillsong Church for a Christmas Spectacular that wasn't quite so spectacular
Made friends with Jenny the wallaby
Hugged a koala

Yes, I know that most of my highlights have to do with some kind of Australian animal. Oh well. It's been fun. Let's hope the next half is just as great.

Miss you all, hope you are having fun in all the snow!

PS- on a Peace Corps/Malawi note, as Jess and I made the 10 hr trek to Sydney, I got a great feeling of what Malawi is going to be like as I was looking at the scenery out of the car window. And I'm pumped!

No comments: