one peace corps volunteer's journey into the warm heart of africa

Friday, December 11, 2009

off to Australia

I am leaving in 12 hours for Australia! As compared to what I know I will be like in 2 months, I am relatively stress-free. Mostly I am just excited to spend 3 weeks with my friend Jess!

On a side note... I've been doing a lot of research on Malawi, talking to some people who know about the country as well, and trying to read up on what life will be like for me over there. And overall, I have been very encouraged. As per my last post, I have been a bit nervous and stressed, but I have been repeatedly assured that I am following the Lord's will for my life. And how can I be worried when I know God's in control? Some days we all just need a little perspective...

Happy Holidays from down under!

"She will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins." (Matthew 1:21)

No comments: